ML Photo & Frame Custom Picture / Art Framing
ML Photo & Frame is just that, photography and custom picture framing all in one! It is a true love for photography and woodworking that has come together to create a truly unique work of art that has never left the artist's / photographer's hands.
In-House Custom Framing
I do custom picture framing locally, out of my shop in Port Isabel, Texas. My gallery is located on South Padre Island at 5009 Padre Blvd. Suite 5. I specialize in true, one-of-a-kind custom picture frames made with hand-crafted moulding. I also offer standard prefabricated picture frame moulding as well with plenty of samples to suit most tastes.
My material usually arrives the day after I order it so the turnaround time for a custom frame can range from 2-5 business days, depending on what material I have in stock.
There are just some works of art that can not be framed by purchasing a standard sized picture frame from a particular retail store. That is when a visit to your local custom framer is in order!
Choosing The Right Picture Frame
There are many factors to consider when it comes to choosing the right frame for your artwork:
Type of artwork to be displayed
- Photographs - Generally will use a type of glazing to protect from humidity, UV rays, etc.
- Paintings - Oils generally should not use any type of glazing as they need to breathe
- Signs - I've had various types of signs brought in to be framed. Metal, wood, etc. Art is in the eye of the beholder!
Location that it will be displayed in
- Residential - I usually recommend using the museum grade non-glare acrylic if children are present.
- Commercial - I usually recommend using the museum grade non-glare acrylic for liability purposes.
- Do you want it to match or blend with the current decor? Or would you rather it be a piece of it's own, and stand out?
- Do you prefer a one-of-a-kind hand-crafted frame? I can do that with a variety of solid woods! You will not find this type of service at any of your chain picture framing companies.
Benefits Of Using a Local Picture Framer
You speak directly with the craftsman in charge of your protecting valuable artwork. The person you speak to and drop your artwork off at a chain picture framing company will not be the person who actually builds your frame. Your frame is actually being made at some central factory location then shipped to the store location.
Set Up An Appointment
Contact me to schedule an appointment for a FREE in-home consultation!
Your one-of-a-kind work of art deserves a one-of-a-kind frame around it!
ML Photo & Frame
956 - 455 - 3628
Copyright 2015. ML Photo & Frame. All rights reserved.